[eiffel-users] C compilation error "permission denied" only in IDE

[eiffel-users] C compilation error "permission denied" only in IDE

gerrit.leder
Hello all,

when I compile on command line under Windows 10 ubuntu bash everything works fine. Only in IDE I get a C compilation error permission denied and binary file is not updated:
leder@PC-LAP127:~/Source/Eiffel/PF_HP-mt$ ls -la build/linux-x86-64/package/bin/pf_hp
-rwxrwxrwx 1 leder leder 6374455 Jun 29 13:26 build/linux-x86-64/package/bin/pf_hp

I restarted my machine in order to get rid of file locks, to no avail!

Has anybody an idea on how to get IDE compilation working again?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Gerrit

Re: [eiffel-users] C compilation error "permission denied" only in IDE

Emmanuel Stapf
Administrator
Did you install the linux version of EiffelStudio under the Windows Unix subsystem? Or is it the Windows version that you are trying to run under it?

Manu

when I compile on command line under Windows 10 ubuntu bash everything works fine. Only in IDE I get a C compilation error permission denied and binary file is not updated:
leder@PC-LAP127:~/Source/Eiffel/PF_HP-mt$ ls -la build/linux-x86-64/package/bin/pf_hp
-rwxrwxrwx 1 leder leder 6374455 Jun 29 13:26 build/linux-x86-64/package/bin/pf_hp

I restarted my machine in order to get rid of file locks, to no avail!

Has anybody an idea on how to get IDE compilation working again?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Gerrit

Eiffel Software
805-685-1006
http://www.eiffel.com
Customer support: http://support.eiffel.com
User group: http://groups.eiffel.com/join

Re: [eiffel-users] C compilation error "permission denied" only in IDE

Emmanuel Stapf
Administrator
I just installed everything and it works indeed. There is a minor
problem with the C compilation due to our usage of the `nice` command
that simply doesn't work on the Linux subsystem. Edit the file
`finish_freezing` in $ISE_EIFFEL/studio/spec/$ISE_PLATFORM/bin and
replace:
            "-low") prioritylevel="nice -n 19" ;;
by
            "-low") prioritylevel="" ;;
and it should work fine.

It works in the command line because only EiffelStudio uses the `-low`
option to perform the C compilation..

Manu

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Gerrit Leder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is indeed the linux version under Windows Unix subsystem!
>
> Emmanuel Stapf <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 29. Juni 2017 um 15:45
> Uhr:
>>
>> Did you install the linux version of EiffelStudio under the Windows Unix
>> subsystem? Or is it the Windows version that you are trying to run under it?
>>
>> Manu

Thank you!