[eiffel-users] Diagram tool loses client-link

[eiffel-users] Diagram tool loses client-link

Harald Frankenberger
Hi all,

I'm new to EiffelStudio, so I could be missing something, but it seems that the diagram tool loses client-links under certain circumstances. Here's my example:

class
        APPLICATION

create
        make
feature

        make do end

        file: detachable FILE

end

This displays APPLICATION with a client link to FILE in the diagram tool. If I click now "Target to cluster or class" the link disappears. Neither picking APPLICATION and dropping it on "Add class suppliers" nor a recompile makes the link show up again. Only after a restart of EiffelStudio everything's back to normal. Do I miss something or is this a bug?

Kind regards
Harald

Re: [eiffel-users] Diagram tool loses client-link

'Alexander Kogtenkov' via Eiffel Users
Dear Harald,

According to the diagram tool documentation, it has a current context that is either a cluster or a class:

   https://www.eiffel.org/doc/eiffelstudio/Contexts

For clusters there is only sub-cluster and super-cluster relationships. When you click on the button "Target to cluster or class", the context is set to a cluster rather than a class, therefore the client link disappears. If now you pick APPLICATION and drop it on the button "Target to cluster or class", the context will return back to this class and you should see the client link to FILE. Currently selected class or cluster is shown in the address bar of the diagram tool. Alternatively you can enter a class name in the address bar, i.e. instead of picking-and-dropping a class stone you can type "APPLICATION" in the class field of the address bar.

There is a diagram per every class/cluster/library and you can switch them using the button "Target to cluster or class". BTW, diagram settings are specific to a diagram. For example, you can specify different depth of client/supplier and ancestry links for every diagram. Switching diagrams will also switch the depth values accordingly.

Hope this helps,
Alexander Kogtenkov