[eiffel-users] [Eiffel-Loop] goodbye PROCEDURE [ANY, TUPLE]

[eiffel-users] [Eiffel-Loop] goodbye PROCEDURE [ANY, TUPLE]

Finnian Reilly
It is time to say goodbye to the old agent syntax. All of  Eiffel-Loop has now been migrated to the ECF configuration "1-16-0". The changes are now in github and will become part of the next release 1.4.7

Since I made the change, Eiffel-Loop now contains 347 fewer words of code.

Congrats to the Eiffel Software team. I really like the simplified agent syntax.

[eiffel-users] Re: [Eiffel-Loop] goodbye PROCEDURE [ANY, TUPLE]

Finnian Reilly
I found the syntax_updater -a did a good job of converting existing code. I did the ECF's manually because I use Pyxis format for ECF.

The only problem I ran into was I didn't realise that with the old "1-8-0" configuration, the system option `full_class_checking' is false by default. When I got hundreds of compiler errors I didn't realise that I needed to set it explicitly to false.