[eiffel-users] Grey class bullet in IDE, class not in tab "AutoTest"

[eiffel-users] Grey class bullet in IDE, class not in tab "AutoTest"

gerrit.leder
Hello,

I am on eiffelstudio 16.05 for linux subsystem in windows 10. I did a complete freeze of the project and have a grey bullet in IDE next to my testclass in tab "Groups". The very same testclass is not available for execution in tab "AutoTest".

How do I execute the testclass in tab "AutoTest"?

Best regards
Gerrit

Re: [eiffel-users] Re: Grey class bullet in IDE, class not in tab "AutoTest"

Emmanuel Stapf
Administrator
EiffelStudio and its Eiffel compiler usually only compiles the system
(set of classes reachable from the root class), not the universe (set
of classes in clusters/libraries). So when a class appears with a blue
oval it is included in the system, with a gray oval it is in the
universe but not in the system.

For test classes, something else is done: whenever a class is a
descendant of EQA_TEST_SET, it is automatically added to the system.
You said that your test classes were not available in AutoTest, do
they inherit from EQA_TEST_SET?

Manu

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 7:37 AM, gerrit.leder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have found the meaning of the grey bullet: The class is not included in
> the class hierarchy! I had to make a dummy reference for it to get compiled!
>
> Am Mittwoch, 5. Juli 2017 13:17:17 UTC+2 schrieb gerrit.leder:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am on eiffelstudio 16.05 for linux subsystem in windows 10. I did a
>> complete freeze of the project and have a grey bullet in IDE next to my
>> testclass in tab "Groups". The very same testclass is not available for
>> execution in tab "AutoTest".
>>
>> How do I execute the testclass in tab "AutoTest"?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Gerrit

Eiffel Software
805-685-1006