[eiffel-users] Odbc connection

luca paganotti
Hi
I have a strange behaviour, I have a client eiffel application running on my system which connects and inserts records in a mysql database. Some days ago I was requested to do the same thing with a postgresql database, as I'm not able to use/compile the pg libraries I found on the network and that were suggested on the list I've decided to use ODBC. This is running fine on my development machine which is a debian 8 linux box. So I copied the code on the centOS server which is the production machine, defined the unixODBC dsn and tried the connection with isql, well it works, at this point I thought that also the eiffel application using the ODBC source will have to run fine on the production machine, but I can't connect via eiffel using the ODBC source defined on the centOS server. Do you have any hint about that?

Thanks,

Luca Paganotti

[eiffel-users] Re: Odbc connection

javier hector
Hi Luca,
I've some questions

Are the Database and the Eiffel code running on the same server?

Are you connecting to the Database using a connection string?

something like:

db_connection:  DATABASE_APPL [ODBC]
-- Database connection.

db_connection.login_with_connection_string ("Driver={PostgreSQL};Server=IP address;Port=5432;Database=myDataBaseUid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;")

Why kind of error do you have? Can you share it?

/Javier

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 9:06:16 AM UTC-3, luca.paganotti wrote:
[...]

What kind of error do you have? Can you share it?

[...]

Re: [eiffel-users] Re: Odbc connection

luca paganotti
Hi Xavier, no the database is on one machine and the client application on another one

I do not use a connection string but a DSN correctly defined using unixODBC (isql connects and queries well)

I've built also the esql example and also esql gives an error saying that the odbc connection is used exclusively by someone else.

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 7:29 PM, javier hector <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ok, I see, I guess the problem is that your database machine does not accept an incoming request to the database port.
It works on isql client because you are on the same machine using localhost.
Can you verify it?
/Javier

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 7:29 PM, javier hector <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="_LSWFpiiAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">javier...@...> wrote: